Monday, February 6, 2012

I'm alive!

I don't have much time to write but I thought 'I'd give you some highlights about my experience so far.

Since we last spoke...
  • I have hauled about 150 pounds of gear over two continents
  • Been on three planes
  • Landed safely in Guyana
  • Sweated
  • Been eaten alive by mosquitos
  • Stayed three days at a resort
  • Made new friends
  • Tasted local rum
  • Moved in with a host family in West Demerarra (sp?)
  • Struggled to understand Creolese
  • Sweated
  • Gardened with my host mom Pansy
  • Eaten fresh sugar cane from my backyard
  • Been serenaded all night by dogs, music, bugs, and other creatures
  • Developed kankles
  • Taken my first bucket bath
  • Eaten many types of food
  • Sweated
  • Missed you all!

2 comments:

  1. ahhhhh sweating. welcome to the tropics. Believe it or not.. your sweating will die down.. but it wont completely leave. kankles from the travel??

    I'm so happy and proud of you!!!! YAY! It's only just begun :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY SISTER! It was so great to talk to you today! Glad your ok!XOXOX

    ReplyDelete